Life Cycle Assessment
Sustainability is one of the most often used but least understood words in today’s business community. Measures of sustainability are being used to guide policy, business and regulatory decisions. At Omni Tech, we believe that a credible measure of sustainability is quantified life cycle data that can measure the impacts of a product and allow it to be compared to competing products.
What is life cycle assessment (LCA)?
LCA is an analysis of the environmental, economic and social/health impacts associated with all stages of a product’s production, use and disposal (impacts of raw materials through materials processing, manufacture, distribution, use, repair and maintenance, and disposal or recycling raw materials).
Steps in an LCA include:
- Compiling an inventory of relevant energy and material inputs and environmental releases
- Evaluating the potential impacts associated with identified inputs and releases
- Interpreting the results to help you make a more informed decision
Why use life cycle assessment?
Life cycle data can help you commercialize new products, differentiate your products from your competition, enhance marketing communications, help you meet customer requirements and challenge regulations which threaten to exclude your products from the marketplace.
Omni Tech’s life cycle and sustainability services include:
- Comprehensive lifecycle assessments with peer review (if needed)
- Carbon footprint measurement and analysis
- Complete assessment of air, land, water, and human health impacts
- Economic sensitivity of environmental impacts
- Application of sustainability metrics
Omni Tech experts follow ISO LCA guidelines and documentation procedures, ensuring that our LCA reports meet peer review criteria.